TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WILLOW TREE CHILDREN'S CENTRE
- You enter into a contract with Willow Tree Children's Centre when a starting date is agreed. Your agreement to our terms and conditions is legally binding.
- Once you have decided to place your child in WILLOW TREE CHILDREN’S CENTRE, you need to complete the application and consent forms and return them to the nursery along with a non-refundable registration fee.
- Willow Tree operates on a very strict first come, first served basis. Once your child's name is on the waiting list, we will keep to that order and offer you sessions as they become available
- Willow Tree requires ONE (1) month's written notice of your child leaving the nursery. Failure to give adequate notice will warrant the payment of one month's fees.
- Willow Tree is open 47 weeks in the year, Monday to Friday from 7am to 5pm, except PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.
- Planned closure days will be notified in advance.
Payment of Fees
- Fess are payable monthly in advance (in the form of cash, Banker’s draft, cheque or standing order) and must be paid at the beginning of the month. Please ask for account details from the school’s office.
- A full month’s fees are payable irrespective of the actual date of admission, re-entry or withdrawal.
- Cheques are payable to ”Willow Tree Children's Centre”. In the event that a cheque is sent for collection, and it attracts charges, the school will ask the parent to pay these charges.
- Dishonoured cheques will attract a 10% penalty of the face value of the cheque.
- In the event of missed days due to sickness or any other reason fees will not be refunded.
- The Management reserves the right to raise the fees during the course of the school year.
- Sibling discounts are available.
Accidents & Sickness
- Willow Tree should be informed before 8:30am if your child will not be attending due to sickness.
- Please do not send your child to the nursery if they are unwell. If your child is unwell please keep them at home until your Doctor confirms that any risks of infection have cleared. In the case of sickness or diarrhoea, this would be a period of 48 hours after the last attack.
- We reserve the right and will not be able to accept children that are unhappy, unwell and in pain and / or have an infection in the Children's Centre. For example; chicken pox, conjunctivitis/Apollo (eye infection); high temperatures or a stomach bug. We do understand that whilst you may feel your child is better, eye infections, sickness and diarrhoea to mention a few, can spread very quickly to other children and adults.
- All accidents/incidents will be recorded in a book, which parents will be asked to sign at the end of the day.
- It is very important that you provide an emergency contact number which is up-to-date at all times.
- The Nursery cannot administer medicines unless requested by Parents on the appropriate form and only if they have been prescribed by a Doctor and clearly labelled with the child's Name.
- In rare cases of an infection at the Children's Centre, all parents will be informed.
- Willow Tree requires a minimum of 4 weeks written notification of holiday absence.
- One month’s fees will be charged to hold the child’s name on the register.
- Willow Tree will only allow your child to leave with an appointed person unless you have informed us otherwise and completed the necessary documentation. Willow Tree will require evidence of the person's identity on arrival at the Nursery and an agreed password may be asked for.
- It is important that your child is collected promptly at the agreed time. Please contact the Nursery in cases of lateness to enable the staff to reassure your child.
- If you are late collecting your child, we reserve the right to charge an extra fee of GHC10.00 within the first 15 minutes after 6.00pm, and a further GHC10.00 each within every subsequent 15 minutes thereafter until the child is collected. This is necessary both as a deterrent and also to pay extra staff to stay on and look after your child.
Behaviour & Conduct
- The staff at Willow Tree will at all times maintain a courteous and professional attitude towards children, parents, carers and other staff. We will not tolerate staff being spoken to in an abusive or threatening manner by parents, carers or children. Such behaviour may result in the termination of a nursery place.
- The Staff aim to support parents/carers in managing children's disruptive or inappropriate behaviour, but we may require children to be withdrawn if the nursery manager and owner considers this appropriate.
- Willow Tree accepts no responsibility for children whilst in their parent's care on the nursery premises, i.e. prior to arrival or after pick up.
- Willow Tree will make reasonable endeavours to keep parents and/or children's property in good order. Liability for damage of such property is excluded except where caused by our negligence.
Termination of Contract
Willow Tree reserves the right to terminate the contract for the following reasons:
- Failure to pay fees and charges.
- Failure to complete the required forms.
- Lack of parental co-operation.
- Failure of child to adjust after a reasonable amount of time.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any person or property.
- Child’s behaviour causes continual disturbance.
- Parents are required to give FOUR (4) weeks notice when they decide to terminate the child’s care. Willow Tree would appreciate as much advance notice as possible when terminating, and will give the same courtesy in return.
Parental Permission Terms
- I give permission for Staff at Willow Tree Children's Centre to administer first aid to my child when necessary. I also give permission for medical/professional help or treatment in the case of an emergency should the need arise, in the best interest of my child.
- I give permission for Staff at Willow Tree Children's Centre to administer Calpol/Paracetamol or Neurofen to my child when necessary. I will be telephoned in advance to confirm my approval. Any doses will be recorded in his/her medication book and signed by me upon my arrival.
- I give permission for Staff at Willow Tree Children's Centre to undertake observations of my child doing activities whilst in their care, these can be in the form of photographs or a written account. I understand that these observations may be used to promote business to prospective parents.
- I give permission for Staff at Willow Tree Children's Centre to put plasters on my child/children whilst in their care, if needed.
- I give permission for my child/children to use outdoor play equipment, trampolines, bouncy castle, swings and slides whilst in their care.
- I have read and understood a copy of Willow Tree Children's Centre's Permission Terms and fully agree to its contents.